Blog Archive

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Number Ones

1. Who was your FIRST prom date?
Danielle Sherbertes. And yet she still speaks to me.

2. Do you still talk to your FIRST love?
Once or twice a year. Unless by my first love you mean "pancakes." In that case, the answer is all the time.

2. What was your FIRST alcoholic drink?
I went out for a pint of cider after my first practice with the University of Aberdeen Archery Team. It's probably best that I didn't go to the pub before practice.

4. What was your FIRST job?
Working the candy/popcorn counter at Standish Cinemas. I saw the last 20 minutes of just about every movie released between 1988 and 1989.

5. What was your FIRST car?
The mighty Buick Diesel.

6. Who was the FIRST person to text you today?
What is this texting of which you speak? I am still anticipating the arrival of a carrier pigeon bearing delightful insights into the lives of my friends and acquaintances.

7. Who is the FIRST person you thought of this morning?
I had a dream last night in which I had a long conversation with my first girlfriend, her father and her son. This was especially unusual because she does not, as far as I know, have a son.

8. Who was your FIRST grade teacher?
Miss Forbes. I still remember her telling me about this new TV show she really liked called Saturday Night Live...

9. Where did you go on your FIRST ride on an airplane?
Cleveland, Ohio, to visit my grandparents.

10. Who was your FIRST best friend & do you still talk?
Jonathan Graham. We talk whenever we are in the same state, which isn't often enough.

11. Where was your FIRST sleep over?
Matt Bergman's house. It was great — I was allowed to have pizza AND soda AND candy, something that almost never happened as a kid.

12. Who was the FIRST person you talked to today?
Either Nam, or whichever KFOG DJ thought it would be fun to play the Killers at 6 a.m.

13. Whose wedding were you in the FIRST time?
Jon and Susan's. They let me read a poem by John Donne!

14. What was the FIRST thing you did this morning?
Tried to snooze the cat. It didn't work.

15. What was the FIRST concert you ever went to?
Richard Lewis and Dennis Miller at the South Shore Music Circus.

16. FIRST tattoo?
First what now?

17. FIRST piercing?
I may have been accidentally gouged with a fishhook at some point during my childhood. Other than that, I'd have to say it was my cat driving his razor-sharp claws through my flesh shortly after we first adopted him. Ah, memories.

18. FIRST foreign country you've been to?
Visiting Niagara Falls on the Canadian side.

19. FIRST movie you remember seeing?
Cinderella, with my grandfather.

20. When was your FIRST detention?
I don't think Sacred Heart had detentions at the time. The nuns just threw stuff at us.

21. What was the FIRST state you lived in?
The Buckeye State.

22. Who was your FIRST roommate?
James Kurella. And yet he still speaks to me.

23. If you had one wish, what would it be?
For Nam to find a job she likes; for my parents to be in good health; for the elimination of all nuclear weapons; for the ability to turn invisible; and for an infinite supply of semicolons so that I can continue combining all of my desires into a single wish.

24. What is something you would learn if you had the chance?
How to throw a boomerang.

25. Who do you think will be the next person to post this?
Noam Chomsky or Burr O'Connor. Either would completely blow my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment